Friday, April 27, 2012

Are You Experienced?



Every now and then I come across a personal ad of a Dom/me claiming to be experienced seeking a sub. Now, of course, experienced totally tells me nothing. Nada. Zilch. Nütelinüt, to paraphrase an old Swiss song.
But, apparently, a lot of those domly types seem to think that the usage of the word experience and its deviations in itself is enough to explain everything a potential sub might want to know about them.

Guess what: It doesn't … ah well, look above … Experienced with what? Needle play? Orgasm denial? Milking cows? Scratching your balls? Having your cock sucked?
(Coming to think of it I have seen this done mostly if not exclusively by males)

So, folks. Elaborate on your experience! Tell us about it. Explain yourself. If you don't, it's just an empty claim. Worse, it makes you look like an arrogant idiot.

You know, you've got only once chance to leave a first impression and you've just fucked it all up. With me, at least. Which isn't all that horrible, coz I've never really been your targeted audience to begin with.
Still, if it has me running away screaming it might do the same with others.

Funny enough, I can't remember ever having seen a personal ad by a sub who claimed she/he was an experienced sub.
Which I think is wrong. Because, if properly explained, it is just as good a sales argument as the experience claimed by a Dom/me. It needs to be filled with meaning, though.

In the meantime Patti Smith's version of "Are You Experienced"



1 comment:

  1. Dear Lucy,
    Hi, I'm Deb and I want your masterpieces on my website. Please say YES! Since I was a teenager I've wanted to be an author of romance books and own a bookstore. Now I'm an author and working on the bookstore. But it can't happen without YOU. I am looking for New and Self Published Authors. We are looking for Authors who write: Romance, Erotica, Sci Fi, Suspense, Horror, and Paranormal; just because it’s not listed doesn’t mean I won’t be interested. I also have 4 columnist joining the site, and I am looking to fill some of our educational and instructional Sex Health books.

    With the help of friends I've started an eBook site but as I said it needs your help. I would very much like to offer your works on the site I'm developing. I think it would be a good fit for both of us.

    I'm not trying to make a lot of money. I'm just trying to realize my dream. I hope you can help make that happen.

    I'd like you to take a look and I hope I can count you in. Please get back to me if you have any questions. You can email me or call. I would love to talk to you.
    Thank You,
    Deb Cole
    service@eroticescapesebooks.com
    www.eroticescapesebooks.com
    231-414-1303

    ReplyDelete